We have so much good advice for you but we know that if we squeezed too much into one article, you’d have been saturated with information and might miss something important. So here’s part two of our top tips for your website article (part one can be found here)
- Good navigation that’s clear and easy to follow is key. No-one enjoys getting lost in the real world, so they won’t enjoy getting lost in a virtual one either.
- Keep any links current. Broken links are a sign of a website that is neglected. Google won’t like it either.
- Be careful what colours you use. You need your site to be on-brand but be aware of the messages colours send. And Fonts for that matter. Avoid Comic Sans at all costs!
- Want your website to look good when you’re browsing on your mobile phone? Tell your web agency in advance so that can be taken into account when designing it.
- Don’t bury your key message several clicks away – it needs to be communicated on the home page.
- Make sure the images you’re using aren’t huge files that will take ages to load. We’re all in a rush these days and a couple of seconds delay will mean people navigate away from your site.
- No pop-up adverts please! How irritating. And they make your site look spammy.
- Relevant, in-bound links will improve your search engine rankings, so encourage appropriate businesses in your network to link to your website from theirs.
- Write using your customers’ language. Use keyword research to find out how people describe your product / service.
- Make sure your site is accessible to as many people and systems as possible. Even colour-blindness can affect someone’s ability to use your website.
Food for thought? Feel free to get in touch with us to see how we can help you market your business more effectively.