It’s unlikely that any of your customers don’t use the internet in some form, whether it is via a computer, smart phone, or any other mobile device, and the majority of them will check their emails daily. Email has grown to be one of the key forms of business and personal communication and is still seen as one of the most effective marketing channels for businesses today.
So, what is email marketing and how can it help your business?
Email marketing is a way of communicating with your customers/clients electronically. It can be used in a number of ways to help you to reach your business objectives. For example:
- Sending an email to strengthen the relationship between you and your customers.
- Encouraging existing customers to remain loyal with loyalty schemes or thank you rewards.
- Sending offers to potential customers to tempt them into looking at and buying your products.
- The distribution of useful and informative content as part of a content marketing campaign.
- You can even purchase advert space on other company’s newsletters or promotional emails so that your business is promoted to their customers.
Using email marketing has many different advantages. The best of these advantages is the ability to collect data that will allow you to personalise your offers to your customers. Using email, you can reach a significant amount of people in a short space of time and monitor which customers click on links, shop, and even abandon their online shopping carts so you can remind them of products they were looking at. The cost of email marketing is minimal and, compared to other forms of marketing, email is both cost effective and gets some of the best results. Because of this, you can also quickly learn what your customers like and dislike so you can offer the products and services that will actually make you money.
What can you do to ensure that your email marketing campaign is successful?
- Make your emails creative. They must be designed in a way that will appeal to your audience. Make sure that the first sentence is powerful enough to encourage the recipient to continue reading.
- Make sure you’re targeting the right people, your database is key to the success of your campaign. If your products don’t apply to the people you’re emailing, you are not going to get sales. Try to personalise your emails for a better response.
- Make your subject lines interesting enough so that the people receiving the emails will want to open them. Stay away from the generic! Asking a question in the subject line can work wonders.
- Why should your customers respond to the email? Make sure there’s something inside that will make them want to shop! Place multiple calls to action throughout the email, the easier you can make it for the reader to respond, the better.
- Know your customers. It’s no good sending out an email at 3am knowing that your customers will be asleep. Do your research and find out what days and times are best for sending emails.
- When you add links to your emails, make sure they are direct links to the products, services, or information that you’re promoting. If a customer is interested in seeing the product but lands straight on your homepage and has to find it for themselves, you risk the chance of them leaving instead.
Email marketing shouldn’t be the only method of marketing used but it’s almost guaranteed to be one of the best for results. It’s essential to businesses that want to thrive now and in the future and there is so much you can learn from using it, so don’t miss out!
At Ketchup marketing we have supported a number of clients with their email campaigns and often achieve results over and above their expectations. Call us today on 0330 088 9277 to discuss your email marketing campaign in more detail. Alternatively, complete our short contact form and one of our experts will be in touch.