Do you have a Facebook business page? If not, you may need one! There are so many benefits to be had from setting up and using a Facebook page that businesses should consider adding Facebook marketing to their overall strategy.
Facebook pages are easy to set up and only cost something if you choose to use the various paid advertising options, and even these are highly customisable so that they can be utilised in a way that fits in with your budget. Gaining page likes and posting targeted information is an ideal way of increasing custom in your area, or further afield, and it’s much less time consuming than many forms of marketing, it’s fantastic for businesses large or small.
Here are some of the main advantages to having a Facebook business page:
- Facebook has over one billion users! ONE BILLION! That means you have the potential to reach so many more people than you would with any other form of marketing, and you can target your efforts so that you only reach the people that you want to. It is a guarantee that you will find customers that are interested in what you’re offering.
- It’s a great starting ground. Sure, Facebook will never be enough to keep a business going on its own, but it will mean that you have people watching what you’re doing and possibly telling others about it too, it’s a great way to encourage engagement and content sharing.
- Facebook leads to email addresses. Make sure you create a mailing list from your Facebook contacts by encouraging them to opt in to receive your newsletters or emails – it’s a great way to start building a highly targeted mailing list of potential customers who are genuinely interested in what you are offering.
- Facebook doesn’t cost anything. In comparison to other ways of advertising, Facebook is a dream for keeping costs to an absolute minimum, especially if you can design and manage the page yourself.
- You can expand your reach through advertising. If you want to step up the level of activity and number of page likes, or you want to target as specific demographic with a key message, you can use adverts to get to your target audience. There’s no point in inviting everyone on Facebook to like your page. The aim of a Facebook business page should be to target people that will actually engage with your posts and be interested in your products or services. There are a number of advertising option available and you have a high level of control over what you spend, it is also easy to monitor results and tweak your adverts so that you gain the best results.
- Facebook will give you valuable information. With a business page, you’ll get insights into how well your posts are doing, weekly page updates, and other statistics that could help you to create more sales by offering what your customers want most.
- Increase brand recognition. When you create your Facebook page, make sure you have a brand that you want to stick to. People will come to know this brand through Facebook and therefore, they will be able to recognise it outside of Facebook.
- Facebook will lead to other things. Use your business page to drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Conquer the mobile world with Facebook. Many small businesses haven’t adapted their websites for people using smart phones. If you have a Facebook page, this is a mobile friendly way for customers to browse through your business’ portfolio on their phones.
These are just some of the benefits of using Facebook Marketing and, as you can see, it can really make a difference to any business. It’s worth taking the time to experiment with the platform and see how it could potentially work for your business.
If you feel that you need additional help with Facebook, you can talk to our team of social media experts on 0330 088 9277, or get in touch by filling out our contact form.