A-Z of Marketing: Images
It’s a well-known fact that images can convey a lot of information quickly. With this in mind, it’s clear how powerful sharing images can be, and how important it is to do so on a regular basis. There are many different ways of sharing images with customers and potential customers, and with the rise of social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, it is must if a business wants to survive.
Take a look at why you should use images are part of your marketing strategy.
- Gain a following on social media – With image based social sites such as Flickr, Pinterest, and Instagram growing in popularity, you can show the world what your products are, how they’re made, and what makes them unique in visual form. Images can tell a story in seconds, use them to your advantage on social media so that customers can see your appeal.
- Increase brand awareness – Sharing images with your likers, followers or your email list, is a fantastic branding development opportunity. Develop a style for your images and you will build up awareness and recognition that those images belong to your company. In addition, when people share your images with others it will allow your brand to be seen by a larger audience.
- Gain more website traffic – Often, when images are shared on social networks, the audience will want to know more about the products and company. For this, the majority of people will visit a business’s website, so sharing lots of images is a great way to increase website traffic. Even if a social site won’t allow you to promote your business by advertising your website, most people will Google your business and visit your site via search results.
- Building relationships – There’s nothing like sharing images to give your audience a personal insight into what you do and sell, who your staff are, and how your business is run. Customers can get a much better idea of the passion you have for your business by seeing images of products in the making, how products work, staff and business achievements, and your daily activities. It will go a long way towards connecting with your audience and them connecting with you.
- Receive additional business – The great thing about images is that if one person likes it, it’s almost guaranteed that many more will. When an image is liked on a social media site, such as Facebook, the friends of the person who liked it will see it too. This will result in more likes for your page and more business. The same goes for many other social networks, the more engagement your image encourages, the wider the reach of your business.
- Improve SEO – Search engine optimisation is important to any business. Without good SEO, customers would not be able to find the businesses they are searching for. Google loves relevant images so they go a long way to improving SEO, ensuring that your business has a better chance of ranking higher in searches. Images are also a great way to update the content on your website, for example, the addition of an infographic to your blog or downloads page.
Sharing images and graphics can be an ideal way of modernising a portfolio. Every business needs a means of showing and promoting their products and services, and by sharing images you have got the ultimate portfolio that can be presented on some of the largest world platforms.