A-Z of Marketing: Infographics
Infographics are becoming increasingly popular as a marketing tool and as a way of presenting information and data in a visual form. They have become part of the content marketing revolution because they are one of the easiest ways of building natural links. Infographics spark lots of interest from customers and potential customers as this format makes it easier to digest a lot of information quickly. The use of infographics has proven to be extremely beneficial when looking to drive traffic to your website.
Take a look at some of the ways that using infographics can have a positive effect on your business.
- Increased awareness – Infographics are eye catching so they are noticeable and as a result are regularly shared. This will drive more traffic to your website and increase awareness of your business and the products and services that you provide.
- SEO benefits – Google loves it when we present data and information in visual form so the use of infographics can only be good for your SEO and Google rankings
- Get the message across – It has been proven that the majority of people will better understand, and more quickly digest, information that’s in visual form. The same amount of information that appears as text will all too often be ignored or disappear into the mountain of data your customers are exposed to every day. Therefore, infographics give you a much better chance of reaching your customers with important news.
- ROI – The most important purpose of infographics is their unique ability to catch people’s eye and drive them to investigate your website. An infographic should be able to stir up curiosity and increase traffic significantly. If the infographics that you use can do that, the business is more likely to see increased enquiries and a return on its marketing investment.
In order for infographics to have this effect on your business, they need to be able to appeal to your target audience. Here are a few things to think about when producing your infographics:
- Creativity – Plain and simple is good for getting the message across but a design that appeals to people in your target audience is much better. Creating a great design is sometimes difficult but once you’ve got it, it will be well worth the wait.
- Make it unique – Try to avoid using infographic templates. The result will only be that your infographic looks like a thousand others and people will ignore it because they think they’ve already seen it. Needless to say, your infographic must stand out if it’s going to make any connection with your chosen audience.
- Keep text to a minimum – We all lead very busy lives and as a result, we don’t have much time to read in depth articles full of facts. Your infographic should really be able to say all it needs to say in a matter of seconds. Interested viewers will return for a second look if they see something they like. Any text on an infographic should be quick and to the point.
- Reach a larger audience – The beauty of infographics is that they can be easily shared, so make sure yours are shareable. If they are, you’ll find that some of your audience will share with their friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances, and your following will grow.
Infographics are becoming more important as part of marketing your business. They are the bait that will catch you your ideal customers, so make sure they’re of the best quality.
If you would like to incorporate infographics into your marketing activity but need help with the development and distribution, contact that team at Ketchup. We can help make infographics work for your business, call us on 0330 088 9277, or complete our online enquiry form.