A-Z of marketing: Internet marketing
The number of your potential consumers who use the internet on a daily basis to browse websites, research products, and purchase from businesses, is constantly and consistently increasing. Therefore using internet marketing isn’t just a good idea because of the lower costs and advanced data and monitoring options available, it’s essential to business survival now. Although face to face communication will never fail, using the internet to promote your business can allow you to create and sustain relationships that may never have been possible without it.
Internet marketing offers an opportunity to personalise the way that you communicate with your customers and potential customers online, while managing to have a much bigger customer base than traditional promotion and communication methods would allow.
The advantages of internet marketing:
- It’s easy all round – Customers can find you quickly, search for what they want without having to leave the comfort of their own homes, and they can even purchase something from you at 3am if they wish. Internet marketing will lead your ideal customers to your website, Facebook page, or other social media platforms even more effectively than a board sign would lead someone to a shop. Targeting options will also allow you to target the exact people or companies that would be interested in what you have to offer.
- Internet marketing is guaranteed to increase your custom – Why? Because you’ll reach a much bigger audience and they’ll tell their friends and family, who will tell their friends and family…you get the idea. Word spreads much faster when you can promote something with the click of a button at any time.
- Take it out of the country – You no longer have to stick to your home town. Internet marketing allows you to reach potential consumers all over the globe, so if you want to sell your products internationally, it has never been easier.
- Save your pennies – As mentioned before, the cost of internet marketing is much lower in comparison to traditional marketing. Yes, there is a cost to get a new website designed and you can choose to spend money on social media advertising, but these costs are nothing compared to what you would pay for leaflets, banners, local or national magazine adverts etc.
- Your customers will feel more involved – The magic of internet marketing will let you personalise your offers to your customers. Most people will ignore generic, mass produced newsletters, but if you send a personalised marketing emails with offers that will interest that specific person, you’re much more likely to gain sales.
- It’s easier to monitor – Whether you use email, social media advertising, or banner advertising, you will get access to useful data which can let you know how your campaign is performing. Open rates, impressions, click through rates, and page views are all very telling and can help you to constantly update and improve your online marketing activity.
The internet and its many benefits are ever changing and it’s guaranteed that the majority of your customers use the internet in some form every day. Whether it’s on a laptop, mobile phone, tablet, smart TV, or any other number of devices, people are surviving on the internet these days. As a business owner, it’s important to take advantage of the opportunities that internet marketing presents to you. Some small businesses are thriving by using social media sites alone, so imagine the improvement in ROI that you’d see if you were to utilise the many online marketing options that are available to your business. The greatest part of using internet marketing is watching the results happen before your eyes and using it as motivation to do more with your business and see it flourish.
For help with internet marketing, whether that’s the development of a strategy or the execution and monitoring of your campaigns, we can help. Contact the Ketchup team today on 0330 088 9277 or complete our online form.