A-Z of Marketing: Networking (Business)
Businesses do not operate well in isolation. A business will grow if you are willing to take the time to build relationships, learn from and teach others; networking with people and experts can help you to fulfil the vision that you have for your business. Networking can also help you develop and establish trust with your customers and potential customers.
Networking is not only a way of attaining new customers but keeping them interested too. There are so many benefits to business networking that a lot of people miss out on if they don’t try it. There’s always the fear that networking with other like-minded people will mean that your ideas are stolen but this very rarely happens and if it does, there’s a good chance that customers will be able to see that you know the product/service better. Take a look at some of these benefits of networking:
- Referrals – When you start networking you’ll develop relationships with other business owners who will get to know you and your products. If they like what they see, it’s probable that they’ll tell their own customers and contacts about what you do and refer them to you when they need the products and services that you provide. You can also do the same for them and build long term relationships that will help your business to grow.
- It’s who you know – As your connections from networking grow so do your opportunities. It’s likely that you’ll meet people that you never dreamed of meeting; people with power and influence that can help your business become bigger and better. You may also consider joining forces with other business owners so you both benefit from regular custom. The possibilities are endless.
- Advice – There will be times in every business owner’s life where something difficult crops up and you aren’t too sure how to handle it. Business can be tough but if you have a network of people that you can rely upon for advice, it’s almost guaranteed that someone will have been in your shoes before and can offer you a solution. It’s not like taking advice from people who just enjoy giving it; it will be valuable advice from people who’ve been there and done that before.
- Get noticed – Getting your business noticed is important, but so is it that you do too. Of course, it’s great for people to know about what you do and what you can offer customers so you can increase your clientele list but it also means that you’ll be able to interact with people who can help you learn at every step. Positive influence and support is extremely important in business and without it, it’s easy to make the wrong decisions. You may also notice that your confidence is boosted and you won’t feel so disheartened when you make the mistakes that many others have a thousand times over.
- Satisfaction – Along with being helped, you get to help others which can bring tremendous satisfaction. Many business owners face problems on a regular basis and you may have the answer for some of them. The majority of people that take the time to network regularly find that they make life-long friends with the people that they meet, so it’s definitely worth it.
If you are looking to build on the awareness that you have created through business networking, why not talk to the Ketchup team about your marketing requirements? Call us today on 0330 088 9277, or complete our online enquiry form.