How to choose a web designer
Many businesses think that having a simple website with their contact information on is enough. And it is. If the site is a user-friendly, responsive online platform that succinctly markets your product or service. After all, first impressions matter and customers may choose a competitor if your website is confusing or difficult to use. Here at Ketchup HQ, we understand the importance of high quality company website design, which is why we’ve put together some top tips on choosing a web designer:
- Good communicators – not only is it important that your web designer comprehends your vision, but that they can talk you through what is included in the work they are providing and are on hand to answer any questions you may have
- Experienced – while this does not have to be sector specific, viewing their portfolio will give you an idea of the standard of their previous work. Equally, looking at current clients is advised, as there may be conflict if they are working with any local businesses similar to your own
- References – hearing others’ experiences is another way to help you decide whether they are the right web designer for you. For instance, did they deliver the project on time and within budget? Would others recommend them?
- Technical support – trusting that your agency will be available to help with any problems, and able to provide post-build support, is vital. The expertise that went into your website means you may not be able to solve issues yourself. Alternatively, if your website is built in a CMS, will you receive training on how to manually edit parts of your website?
- Rapport – here at Ketchup, we like to discuss a project over a dog walk in the country, or cake and coffee in a local cafe – would you want to do that with your web designer? Having a good working relationship will make the process a lot more enjoyable.
If you are interested in working with an agency that does all the above and more to produce high quality websites for its clients, call Ketchup on 0330 088 9277 or complete our online enquiry form.