April 28, 2015 8:06 am
The main objective of online advertising for any business is to increase awareness and drive people to look at what you can offer them. Advertising online can attract visitors to your website with the click of a button and in many cases, business owners can use this to accurately measure the amount of people that are enticed by their ads. When you know where to advertise, what successful online advertising means to you, and how your ads should be designed, you should have a combination that will increase your profits. So, how do you successfully advertise online?
- Find out what works for you – There are so many platforms and options offered that you could spend your entire budget on online advertising alone. To narrow down the best websites and platforms for you to use, you need to know where your audience is. Put yourself in their shoes and brainstorm what they would be searching for when coming across your advertisement.
- Set your objectives and measure results – As with all marketing campaigns, you need to know what you want to achieve. What will make your online advertisement a success for your business and how will you measure the results? One of the key benefits of advertising online is the ability to see how many people viewed or clicked on your ad, so you can see just how effective it has been. If people seeing your ad alone is a classification of success then you need to set that as an objective beforehand.
- Invest in the right design – Wherever you decide to advertise on the internet, the design of your online ad is crucial to attracting the right people. Anyone can produce an ad that has the right details, but it needs to catch the viewer’s eye enough so that they will follow your call to action. Sometimes there can be so many ads on any given website that consumers are subconsciously training themselves to ignore them so you need to stand out. Hiring a designer costs money, but the rewards should more than cover what you spend.
- Social media – Taking advantage of social media, and the online advertising options offered by the platforms that are relevant to your business, is a really effective way to target the right people. Not only can you get people to follow you so that they receive future promotional messages, but you can heavily drill down into your target market and tailor the advert specifically to that group. This can lead to higher levels of success at a fraction of the cost of some of the other online advertising options that are available.
Compared with traditional advertising, online advertising can be much quicker, much more efficient, and much more successful. Whether you want to hook new customers, increase website traffic, or keep existing customers returning for more, the internet is a wonderful and ever evolving tool to use.
If you are looking for support and the right team to help you make your online advertising activity a success, contact Ketchup today on 0330 088 9277, or complete our online form. We’ll have online advertising working for you in no time.
April 14, 2015 3:35 pm
We recently welcomed in April with the traditional April Fool’s Day antics and at Ketchup we even managed to fool a few people with our own email prank. This was very well received, and it made us think about the numerous benefits that being lighter hearted with your brand and marketing communications can bring to your business.
April Fools is seen by childish by some people, but it can be a great opportunity for brands to reconnect with their customers and potential customers by having a bit of fun. Remember, your customers are human beings, even when it comes to B2B marketing, and most people love a laugh.
Here are just a few of the benefits of taking part in April Fool’s Day
- It shows a humorous and more human side to your organisation – no matter what industry you operate in, people buy from people. Everyone loves a bit of fun, and playing a harmless joke on your customers on the 1st April can highlight the human side of your business and remind your customers that there are actually people behind your brand.
- You could make your customers laugh and improve relationships – leading on from the opportunity to highlight the more human side of your business, April Fool’s Day gives you the perfect excuse to make your customers laugh. This not only brightens their day, it will also paint you in a positive light and help you to build stronger relationships with your customers and prospective customers.
- It’s a great way to increase awareness and draw attention to your brand – if you carry out your April Fool’s prank in the right way and it resonates with people, they will share it with their friends and colleagues. This is a fantastic way to increase awareness of your brand and make it memorable.
- Drive people to your website – your April Fool’s prank is the perfect opportunity to drive people to your website. Making your products and services part of the campaign means that you can easily encourage your customers and potential customers to click through to a landing page, or the relevant page on your website.
If you are going to play an April Fool’s Day prank on your customers and potential customers, try to make it relevant to your industry and the products and services that you provide. It’s also advisable to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and imagine how they would respond. Providing that the prank is amusing and in good taste then you should reap all of the benefits highlighted above.
If you are looking for an outsourced marketing department that can actively help you to grow your business, contact Ketchup today, pure marketing support with no unhealthy additives. Call 0330 088 9277, or complete our online form.
March 17, 2015 8:45 am
Setting up and running a marketing campaign is often carried out with one or more of the following objectives in mind – increasing enquires and sales, receiving feedback and encouraging customer engagement, and/or getting your brand seen by a bigger audience. However, before your marketing campaign is released, you should have clear expectations of what you want it to achieve. How many enquiries do you expect to get from it? How many of those enquiries would you like to see convert into sales? There’s no point in creating and releasing a marketing campaign if you don’t know what you want from it and have no way of measuring and monitoring how successful it is.
Marketing analytics are so important to the success of businesses these days. Your marketing performance will seriously affect your ROI, whether positively or negatively, so you need to know what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong. By monitoring and measuring your results you can work out what your customer’s preferences are and offer your services accordingly. In addition, when you know how well different aspects of your marketing activities are doing, you can spend your marketing budget in the right way. This will save you and your business from spending money unnecessarily.
What can you learn from measuring the response to your marketing campaigns?
Aside from the basics of understanding the levels of ROI from a marketing campaign and identifying what your customers like and where you should spend your money, measuring and monitoring the results of your campaigns can give you specific details that will help you to beat your competitors. For example, it’s important to know what your customers want but it’s perhaps even more important to know the keywords that they use when looking for something that you can offer them. Knowing the most frequently used keywords can help you to position your products correctly, write and distribute compelling content, and speak your customer’s language.
How to start monitoring your campaigns
Unfortunately, nothing really comes for free and the best ways to monitor your marketing campaigns can cost, whether it’s in terms of time or money. There are various ways of measuring your campaigns depending on the channels used. For example, using tools like AdWords and Google Analytics, alongside metrics from your email marketing and social media activity can give you a lot of useful information about campaign performance and customer behaviour. The results from these tools, if used correctly, can help you to increase the effectiveness of your campaigns, which in turn leads to more awareness of your products and services, as well as increased sales.
An online marketing campaign can potentially reach thousands, even millions of people thanks to our ability to instantly share with family and friends via social networking platforms, email, and other media. This means that getting it right is vital to existing and future business and measuring and monitoring individual and collective campaign performance is a huge part of finding out what works and what doesn’t. Take the time to analyse the information that your campaigns give you and there should be no reason for not seeing a great financial return.
If you are looking for help with your marketing audit, or a specific marketing campaign, whether it’s email, PPC, or online advertising, the experts at Ketchup are here to help. Contact us today on 0330 088 9277 or complete our online enquiry form.
November 6, 2014 5:40 pm
It’s unlikely that any of your customers don’t use the internet in some form, whether it is via a computer, smart phone, or any other mobile device, and the majority of them will check their emails daily. Email has grown to be one of the key forms of business and personal communication and is still seen as one of the most effective marketing channels for businesses today.
So, what is email marketing and how can it help your business?
Email marketing is a way of communicating with your customers/clients electronically. It can be used in a number of ways to help you to reach your business objectives. For example:
- Sending an email to strengthen the relationship between you and your customers.
- Encouraging existing customers to remain loyal with loyalty schemes or thank you rewards.
- Sending offers to potential customers to tempt them into looking at and buying your products.
- The distribution of useful and informative content as part of a content marketing campaign.
- You can even purchase advert space on other company’s newsletters or promotional emails so that your business is promoted to their customers.
Using email marketing has many different advantages. The best of these advantages is the ability to collect data that will allow you to personalise your offers to your customers. Using email, you can reach a significant amount of people in a short space of time and monitor which customers click on links, shop, and even abandon their online shopping carts so you can remind them of products they were looking at. The cost of email marketing is minimal and, compared to other forms of marketing, email is both cost effective and gets some of the best results. Because of this, you can also quickly learn what your customers like and dislike so you can offer the products and services that will actually make you money.
What can you do to ensure that your email marketing campaign is successful?
- Make your emails creative. They must be designed in a way that will appeal to your audience. Make sure that the first sentence is powerful enough to encourage the recipient to continue reading.
- Make sure you’re targeting the right people, your database is key to the success of your campaign. If your products don’t apply to the people you’re emailing, you are not going to get sales. Try to personalise your emails for a better response.
- Make your subject lines interesting enough so that the people receiving the emails will want to open them. Stay away from the generic! Asking a question in the subject line can work wonders.
- Why should your customers respond to the email? Make sure there’s something inside that will make them want to shop! Place multiple calls to action throughout the email, the easier you can make it for the reader to respond, the better.
- Know your customers. It’s no good sending out an email at 3am knowing that your customers will be asleep. Do your research and find out what days and times are best for sending emails.
- When you add links to your emails, make sure they are direct links to the products, services, or information that you’re promoting. If a customer is interested in seeing the product but lands straight on your homepage and has to find it for themselves, you risk the chance of them leaving instead.
Email marketing shouldn’t be the only method of marketing used but it’s almost guaranteed to be one of the best for results. It’s essential to businesses that want to thrive now and in the future and there is so much you can learn from using it, so don’t miss out!
At Ketchup marketing we have supported a number of clients with their email campaigns and often achieve results over and above their expectations. Call us today on 0330 088 9277 to discuss your email marketing campaign in more detail. Alternatively, complete our short contact form and one of our experts will be in touch.
October 30, 2014 5:10 pm
Digital marketing is essential to all businesses today. Can you imagine if you didn’t have a website or if customers weren’t able to find you on social media? In this day and age, that would make your business virtually non-existent to your customers.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the promotion of your products and services using electronic media channels. This can include email, online advertising, SMS, social media, and more.
Digital marketing offers a number of benefits to businesses today, not least the fact that it is easy to measure campaign response and success. Whether you run campaigns through your website, email social media, SMS, or apps, you can collect a huge amount of useful information, and not just around the campaigns’ performance, but also about your customers themselves. We mentioned in our earlier A-Z blog on data about the importance of this information and digital marketing is a prime way of collecting it.
Simply put, digital marketing will allow you to get to know your customers and tailor your offers to suit their requirements.
The relevance of digital marketing to growing businesses
As the digital world continues to grow, we as users take in more and more digital information every day. If you take this into consideration, it’s obvious that digital marketing will be the marketing of the future and will only become more complex as it goes on. Taking only one example, the amount of people that prefer to read the news online instead of going out and buying a newspaper has dramatically increased over the past few years and we’re only going to continue that way. We are becoming and online nation.
Now people buy online more than they do on the high street and more and more people are accessing the internet solely on their mobile device. Customers now do all their research into what to buy via online channels. Online is where your customers are and that’s where your business needs to be too.
As a business that wants to grow, you may be interested in knowing that digital marketing is actually a much more cost effective way of advertising than regular marketing methods and it will reach a much broader audience. Each campaign can constantly be tailored to increase its effectiveness as relevant data such as click through rates, registration numbers, etc… become available.
In a nutshell, ignoring the fact that your business needs to be part of the digital world will do it no good. It’s vital to have a digital presence with the amount of people that use laptops, tablets, mobiles, and other digital devices. It’s as important for B2B organisations as it is for B2C companies. Most households have at least three digital devices that are in daily use so there’s no avoiding the fact that your business will be noticed much quicker by having a digital presence than they would without one. Getting the word out to potential customers has never been easier or more effective, so using digital marketing should really be a no-brainer!
To discuss how we can help you to plan and execute the perfect digital marketing campaign, call the Ketchup team on 0330 088 9277 or use the contact form here.