May 1, 2015 8:13 am
Pay Per Click (PPC) is a way of advertising your business in a prime position on search engine websites. When a user types in something related to your business that matches the selection of keywords used, your advert will appear at the top, or to the right of, the search results. When someone clicks on your advert, you pay the advertiser a set amount of money. Although it does cost, it’s a great way of getting your business in the spotlight and knowing that the people that click on the advert are the people that are going to be interested in your products and services.
What you need to know about PPC
- You, the advertiser, have control over where your ad is placed and who it should be targeting. When the ad is clicked, traffic is sent to your website and you pay for the privilege.
- You must choose your own keywords and then place bids on them when setting up a PPC campaign. The search engines will then use them accordingly.
With this in mind, it’s obvious how important it is to get the details of the ad right; that is the keywords used, audience parameters set and the copy in the advert itself. One slip up and you could be advertising to an audience that will have no interest in what you do at all which could lead to a chunk of your marketing budget being wasted. The whole point of PPC is to get more traffic and increase your revenue but if a campaign is managed in the wrong way, this isn’t going to happen.
When it comes to PPC, you need to bare these things in mind:
- What are you willing to spend? It’s impossible to know how well a PPC campaign will work for you but you can estimate what PPC is worth to your business. For example, if two clicks out of every fifty purchase something from you, how much per click are you willing spend?
- Once you know what you can afford, you can set a daily budget. The beauty of PPC is that your ad will appear until you’ve reached your budget so you never spend more than you want to. It’s completely within your control.
- You must have exceptional SEO on your website. PPC ads are still subject to ranking so when you choose your keywords it’s going to be no use if they’re not keywords that appear on your website. Be thorough in your research into the best keywords for your business. See our previous blog on keywords.
- Your ad will include a title, short description, and URL, so make sure you make them count because that’s all that the viewers will see. Ask yourself, ‘Why would someone click on this?’
In essence, you shouldn’t expect to use PPC as way out of all the hard work of building your organic rankings. PPC will only result in increased revenue if it is used properly. The combination of your website, the way you set up the campaign, and the reaction from searchers are all vital in the success of PPC.
If you’re unsure of how PPC will work for your business, we can help. As a Google Partner we are well placed to help you get your Google rankings and PPC campaigns on track. Contact us today on 0330 088 9277 or complete our online form.
April 28, 2015 8:06 am
The main objective of online advertising for any business is to increase awareness and drive people to look at what you can offer them. Advertising online can attract visitors to your website with the click of a button and in many cases, business owners can use this to accurately measure the amount of people that are enticed by their ads. When you know where to advertise, what successful online advertising means to you, and how your ads should be designed, you should have a combination that will increase your profits. So, how do you successfully advertise online?
- Find out what works for you – There are so many platforms and options offered that you could spend your entire budget on online advertising alone. To narrow down the best websites and platforms for you to use, you need to know where your audience is. Put yourself in their shoes and brainstorm what they would be searching for when coming across your advertisement.
- Set your objectives and measure results – As with all marketing campaigns, you need to know what you want to achieve. What will make your online advertisement a success for your business and how will you measure the results? One of the key benefits of advertising online is the ability to see how many people viewed or clicked on your ad, so you can see just how effective it has been. If people seeing your ad alone is a classification of success then you need to set that as an objective beforehand.
- Invest in the right design – Wherever you decide to advertise on the internet, the design of your online ad is crucial to attracting the right people. Anyone can produce an ad that has the right details, but it needs to catch the viewer’s eye enough so that they will follow your call to action. Sometimes there can be so many ads on any given website that consumers are subconsciously training themselves to ignore them so you need to stand out. Hiring a designer costs money, but the rewards should more than cover what you spend.
- Social media – Taking advantage of social media, and the online advertising options offered by the platforms that are relevant to your business, is a really effective way to target the right people. Not only can you get people to follow you so that they receive future promotional messages, but you can heavily drill down into your target market and tailor the advert specifically to that group. This can lead to higher levels of success at a fraction of the cost of some of the other online advertising options that are available.
Compared with traditional advertising, online advertising can be much quicker, much more efficient, and much more successful. Whether you want to hook new customers, increase website traffic, or keep existing customers returning for more, the internet is a wonderful and ever evolving tool to use.
If you are looking for support and the right team to help you make your online advertising activity a success, contact Ketchup today on 0330 088 9277, or complete our online form. We’ll have online advertising working for you in no time.