In the last few years, Pinterest grown more and more popular, to the point where it is predicted to overtake more traditional channels such as Facebook and Twitter. With over 10 million users, it is home to a bigger audience than traditional advertising could ever reach for any business. With Facebook being number one, Pinterest is the second highest social media site for referring traffic to business websites, so if you haven’t already got an account, you may want to head over and sign up ASAP. Now that you know how powerful Pinterest can be in establishing your business and loyal clientele take a look at these tips on how to get started in the right way.
- Set up your account properly – When you intend to use your account for business, make sure it is in the name of your business. This means that every time you pin something, your business name is seen. The Pinterest Business Centre is a great tool to use when you’re getting started because it will equip you with the basic knowledge you need for a business account.
- Share your pins – By now you probably have at least one account with a social media site, whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or any other. Pinterest allows you to share what you’ve pinned on other social media accounts so you can easily get your existing followers to follow you on Pinterest and see the types of things you’re pinning.
- Carry out market research – Pinning is a great way of showing people all of your interests and ideas at once. By using Pinterest to narrow down the type of customer that your business will attract you can also research what that customer is pinning and keep their ideas in mind so you can apply them to your business marketing.
- Keep your own material – As a business owner, a lot of your pins will be original rather than taken from somewhere else and many will want to re-pin them. When you post content that is original, make sure you watermark it with your logo or website address so it cannot be stolen and when it is re-pinned, you get more advertisement.
- Get involved – The best way of getting the most out of Pinterest is to get involved. Pin across a variety of different boards, follow people that are like-minded, and make sure to interact by commenting on and liking pins. Like other social networks, you can also use @ to tag users and # to highlight keywords so people can see what you’re doing more clearly.
- Keep it interesting – Remember, the name is P(interest). Around 80% of all pins are re-pins so you must remember to pin things that you think others will want to re-pin. Find quality images, don’t over complicate things, be creative, and show the world what you and your business are capable of doing.
Pinterest is a fantastic way of communicating with the people that are admirers of what you do, potential customers, existing customers and life-long customers. It’s a network full of ideas and creativity that your business can benefit from daily.
If you are looking for a team of marketing experts that can get your business noticed online, contact the Ketchup team today on 0330 088 9277, alternatively, complete our online enquiry form.